Saturday, March 28, 2015

VB6 paradigm is not only the present but also the future

Jeff I.
Freelance Software Developer/Consultant/Certified oDesk Contractor
Let's look at it this way. Ultimately, everything has to run on a machine. Open source? That's a paradigm not a programming technology. As far as VB6 goes, the syntax is the heart of the matter. As we move into the future I think this paradigm is going to be an absolute necessity. Whatever the future holds as far as programming techs go, I think they're going to get higher level requiring that there be some intermediate compilation from a high level programming tech to some intermediate state and ultimately down to machine language so it can be executed. We already have that VB6. That's what it's all about. So yes - I think that VB6 is going to be with us for a long time. Any successor will be designed according to the VB6 paradigm by necessity. I'm not the biggest Microsoft fan, but I do think that the VB6 paradigm is not only the present but also the future.


No comments:

Post a Comment